Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ririchiyo Shirakiin


My first cosplay was Ririchiyo Shirakiin in her demon form. I don't think I knew what I was getting myself into, but it was a lot of fun to make. I didn't make every part of my outfit, but anything to do with sewing was made by me. 


The mask and horns were commissioned with detail to get it accurate. The flower was bought as well. 


The shoes after the abuse they went through at the photoshoot.
Scarf detail. I cut the patterns out and sewed them on the fabric. It's also doubled sided so I made 4 sides total.

Gloves. I seemed to have lost the other fastener somewhere.

Pleated skirt with cut outs and sash. I really wanted to get the fabric color as accurate as possible. I wish they had this color in something more light weight though. I wanted something more flowy.

A very wrinkled top and leggings. I stuffed them in the box after the shoot so they're not in the best condition. 

Haven't gotten the pictures from the shoot yet.

So things I learned for myself after my first cosplay:
- When in doubt, start early. You can never start too early. 
- Don't stress on the little details that no one will see. 
- WIGS ARE IMPORTANT.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help.
- It's not the end of the world if the cosplay isn't 110% accurate down to the T.



2 comments:

  1. Hi im really impressed in your skills of making this ririchiyo cosplay i was wondering if you could custom make somethings for me i would love to do this cosplay! Im willing to pay decent price please contact me mollytran1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I make the same cosplay but I do not know how to make the skirt and in which material. What is that it will be possible to know how you have create the skirt withh photos or bosses please, I really am to block and your is magnificent!
    Cordially contact me camille.pavic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete