Friday, August 10, 2012

Asuka and Rei Festival Cosplay

This is long overdue, but I'm very slow at posting all that's happened after AX. A friend of mine that I met while working at Maid Cafe and I had decided to cosplay together. She's been doing it for a while, and is much more experienced than I am. We've decided to cosplay as Asuka and Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion in their festival outfits:
She's going to be Rei and I'm doing Asuka. I was hoping to finish the whole thing before August, but summer school didn't allow. Here are some older progress photos




 I'm completely finished with the top and skirt now. I'm almost done with her plug hair clips, but they still need some wet sanding and drilling. I sewed the green fabric on her shoes, but I'm waiting on the extra beige sole to get added. The obi along with the bow are finished.

Steps from what I can recall:
- Made the collar extra long and put aside
- Made the front/back piece and set aside
- Cut out the arm sleeves, sewed the black strips, then sewed the green lining on starting from end of the sleeve where the opening would be. This was done inside out so that when I flipped it and ironed it, you wouldn't be able to see it as in photo 3.
- Lined the front piece and sewed the sides shut, leaving about 7 inches so I could attach the sleeves.
- Attached sleeves, collar, and hemmed the bottom. In the artwork, both girls also have the extra collar piece in their prospective lining colors. I just sewed it on the collar instead of making it a separate piece which I think is how regular kimonos have them.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!
    Is there any way you'd possibly think of selling this? I'd be very interested!
    My contact email is castle.nightmare@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there,
      I don't actually have this version anymore because I remade it into a full yukata instead of pieces. The inside looks pretty messy so I wouldn't want to sell it ;A; sorry

      Delete