Tuesday, January 14, 2014

RWBY Ruby Rose Cosplay

It's so hard to keep up with a blog ahhh. So new post about my recent cosplay Ruby Rose from the series RWBY. After watching the show I knew I had to cosplay Ruby. I've never made a prop before, so I was very intimidated by her scythe. With the help of friends and a tutorial by Johnny & Junkers, I was able to finish it in time for ALA 2014. Here are photos of the finished product:

Photo by Shutterfoo

Photo by Pushing Pixels Photography

Photo by Kris Z. Blogging and Photography

Photo by a friend

I made everything besides the corset (didn't want to deal with eyelets). I wanted everything to be as accurate as possible, and also proportionate. I'm a huge proportion freak..

I got to meet other RWBY cosplayers, and also Monty Oum. SUPER exciting. He also signed the scythe I made which was great.

Close ups of the outfit:

The dress and cape were made from cotton/poly blend fabric at Joanns. Shoes were bought off ebay then altered, crest was made from craft foam, crosses were from a mold I bought off etsy, and the bullets are dummy inert shells that I spray painted white. Wig was a Jaguar from Arda-wigs with added wefts in the cherry color I believe. Overall a very challenging yet satisfying cosplay to make.

1 comment:

  1. Do you remember how many sheets of the 1/8 foam you went through?

    ReplyDelete